Saturday, August 1, 2009

THING16

Now, this is fun! I've enjoyed Wikipedia as a baseline to get information on a topic although I've cautioned everyone that info needed to be verified. I hadn't thought about developing a wiki as a teaching tool -- but now, I'M THERE!!

I have something called Library Club that I started last year for the classes that I see twice a week. Centers with magazines, checkers, games on the computer, sets of reference books that the students might not look at otherwise, vocabulary games, etc. are available; students change centers after 15 minutes. Next year, as I stated in an earlier posting, I'm going to call it, LIFELONG LEARNERS CLUB.

I think it would be really neat to have a wikis up on computers where the students would contribute to a creative writing exercise. Each story would start with the same opening paragraph but each student would add a paragraph. The completed stories would be read and compared.

And I'm going to come up w/other lessons as well. This is good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment