Friday, August 7, 2009

THING 23

I DID IT! AND! I'm glad that I did. I truly consider this quite an accomplishment for the summer. I was introduced to a number of apps, tricks, and techniques for Web 2.0 of which I knew nothing in June. I don't really feel proficient in very many of the THINGS but I'm not worried about that. I've taken good notes & have my blog to which I can refer if I need help in a task. I do believe that many of the THINGS are easily applicable to education and library skills.

QUESTIONS:
1) LibraryThing & RSS
2) Increased the arrows in my quiver. I think I am a LLL and my example is that I decided to become a school librarian at age 62.
3) Some of the tasks took longer than I wanted them to but it's user error -- not 23THINGS. For instance, I've created 2 stories for THING21 that I haven't been able to publish because I can't get technical details to work. But -- I'll get the 3rd one published!
4) I think I might like doing 23THINGS during the school year in a group with a schedule of 3THINGS/month in stead of 3THINGS/week. However, the intensity probably helped productivity. I just wish I felt proficient in more THINGS.
5) Yes
6) 23THINGS expanded my knowledge.
7) I'm really not good at looking at other blogs -- but I'm gonna get better!

1 comment: