Friday, August 7, 2009

THING 22

NING -- and the world of internet community.

I like it and I appreciate the individuals who contribute information. NING is very user-friendly and does seem to be for discriminating souls.One of the NING's at which I looked was on travel and I was able to see more information about Petra. I also looked at some of the ones on education and libraries. Perhaps all social networks do this -- but I really liked having the information about the members available.

Maybe it's just because I'm an old lady -- or maybe because I'm a Type A personality but the amount of time it takes to be a part of a social network intimidates me. But then, I probably don't keep up w/face-to-face friends like I should either. Again, I like finding out information -- but don't immediately think about checking a social network on the computer. Maybe I will now that I have an RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment