Saturday, August 1, 2009

THING 14

Don't know what I'd do w/out the Dancing Librarian! She has walked me through choosing the correct profile so now! I'll go back to THING 12 & start making comments. BUT I DIGRESS. . . .

This is about Technorati & Tags. I've watched the videos & read the postings but I'm not quite a believer yet. I understand some pretty amazing things: 1) the number of blogs are doubling every 6 months; 2) blogs present the "human experience raw & uncut." 3) blogging presents a way to know what "real people" -- unedited -- are thinking about what is going on in their lives. 4) bloggers talk about happenings that don't make it to CNN or NBC. 5) blogging builds communication & community 6) people check their RSS 7 times a day!!

My problem is that I'm overwhelmed w/the amount of information -- and opionions -- that are available on blogs & I'm not sure I want to deal w/info that hasn't been filtered. Stream of consciousness & blithering forms of communication are frequently a waste of time. There are nuggets in there -- but who can spend all day on the computer reading through dribble to get a nugget?

And community & communication is a wonderful thing -- but I have teachers, students, family, neighbors & friends for whom I find it difficult to have time. How can I add a jillion blog friends?

Ah, well -- this is just the ranting of a soon-to-be 65 yr old who is trying to keep up!

I did do the exercise about searching for "School Library Learning 2.0" in blog posts, tags & blog directory. I did find a blog I intend to add to my RSS -- The Unquiet Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment