Friday, July 31, 2009

THING 12

OK --here I am posting about THING 12 although I really haven't completed the mission. IMPOSSIBLE, you say? Well, I guess so but something's not working for me because I don't know which "profile" to choose to that I can comment on the blogs I'm trying to follow. If anyone knows, I'd LOVE some input here.

I'm gonna start THING 12 & add to it later.

1. After reading the articles about blogging & creating communities, the 2 points that made the most sense to me are: a) One should respond creatively and thoughtfully to a blog. "Yeah!" or "You go girl," while being supportive and affirming an opinion, really do not add to the discussion which is the point of having a blog in the first place. b) I like the idea of responding to those who leave comments on one's blog. ( Which is something I would do if I knew which profile to use -- see gripe above!!) I did receive a comment about my posting on THING 11 but have been unable send my response yet. Surely, I'll figure this out.

3. I have been following 2 blogs that are not part of Library2Play. One is written by the HouChron columnist, Leon Hale. I've read his columns since I moved to Houston & am always entertained by them. The other is name Lisa's History Room and has musings about history and current events. It had a few too many entries about Michael Jackson that I didn't spend much time on but usually has interesting tidbits.

4. I have posted comments on 5 L2P blogs -- The Dancing Librarian; 2 many books 2 little time; sic em bears; Becky's 23; Book Egg. There is good information on each of these -- but following blogs is awfully time consuming. 2 many BLOGS! 2 little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment